Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring Bluebonnets


Spring is my favorite season... I love the green grass, flowers, and sense of renewal that it all brings.  When we lived in D.C. the appeal of spring was even greater because of the amazing cherry blossoms that were right outside our front door and all around the city.  
When we moved to Texas I realized, that spring would be very, very different.  Spring in Texas brings with it, the most severe weather,  these little wormy things that fall from our trees for a couple of weeks, other bugs (scorpions, spiders, june bugs ) you name it, and the beginning of
 fire ant season.  So... it took me a little longer to find the beauty in it all.    

Now I understand why Bluebonnets are the pride and joy of Texas, and why it is illegal to pick them.  They are absolutely beautiful!!!   This bluebonnet field is in front of the boys school.  I just had to take a few pictures of the kiddos (at least the two I had with me)  Once again, Spring has come, and I have learned to love it once more.   Happy Spring!

8 comments:

sissyann said...

What cuties!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice........

TIM

MollyE said...

fun, cute pictures. Congratulations on your running, you rock!

West Family said...

At least you have something blooming around you. We barely have a few tulip leaves trying to make their way through the frozen ground. Cute kids and congrats on the race!

Parks' Place said...

Those are beautiful pictures. I love Isaac's cheesy grin, and Bella looks as cute as ever!

Andrea said...

Bella is such a beauty and Isaac, what a handsome little guy!
I love the Blue Bonnets, oh how miss Texas and everyone there!

Heather said...

Spring in Texas is BEAUTIFUL!!! the bugs and the snakes are not so great. Luckily, I have only come across on scorpion in the 4 years we've been here. CUTE, cute kids.

Janene said...

So sweet!