Shane was home on Labor Day and we took a rare trip to the zoo together that turned out to be much more enjoyable than most zoo trips. I'm not a big fan of the zoo... but for lack of anything better to do we headed to Waco for a little family time.
The boys really wanted to go to the reptile exhibit, and of course, Shane refused to go within 100 feet of the place, so we parted ways and I took the boys to see the .... evil little devils, while Shane stayed with Isabella. When we came out, Shane was gone and nowhere to be found... he decided to go on without us but didn't realize I didn't bring my phone, so he couldn't call me. After 30 minutes of frustration and running around sweating to death... I relented and asked a random lady if I could borrow her phone. Embarrassing! Finally we met up with Shane and after we proceeded to blame each other for the miscommunication, we moved on and enjoyed the rest of the trip.
There is a new Asian Jungle exhibit that just opened up that was awesome... the kids climbed around like monkeys and had a great time. Here are a few of the pictures
s
3 comments:
That's hilarious about the phone mix up! Liked the photo of you and your kids on the bridge... and the boys meditating in the tent. So funny.
Sounds so much like Ryan and I. But the new exhibit sounds so fun. We tend to do zoos. Been to every zoo between Utah and North Carolina, almost.
I love seeing all the pictures and reading all the great stories, how fun the kids are, I sure do love you all and miss you. So many funny stories thanks! Love, Mom
Post a Comment