Thursday, February 10, 2011

Jacksino Cuisino

Last night we had a nice break from the norm. The Wednesday night schedule included Tae Kwon Do and a Young Women's activity but everything was cancelled because of freezing temperatures, no snow, just cold. What can I say, it's Texas--people don't like to be cold.

Anyway, Shane took Mason and Isaac to run some errands, Jackson stayed with me to do homework and fix dinner. Jackson asked if he could make a restaurant menu for dinner, and I agreed it was a fantastic idea.

He made the cutest little menu and at the bottom wrote "The Jacksino Cuisino". He color copied it so that we could each have our own.

I love the "ooh-la-la" dessert...


Things evolved from there... We set the table with a black table cloth and white cloth napkins, we lit candles, and dug the christmas tree lights out of the attic. I grabbed Shane's apron that he wore when he waited tables at Tucci's, and Jackson put on a white shirt and tie (his idea, not mine). We turned off the kitchen lights and started up the Vivaldi playlist on the ipod. The ambiance was perfect.

Bella walked in and said, "Is it Christmas night?" Just too adorable.

Anyway, Jackson was jumping out of his skin, he was so excited for the boys to come home. And when they did, he was ready to greet them with a big smile and take them to their seats. Mason, Isaac and Shane were floored, the look on their faces was priceless.


Jackson took their orders and he served each of them their plates. We had a wonderful night together, talking and being a family. Although we have dinner all together most nights of the week, I was reminded how much we need to slow down and take the time to make memories together. Things have been so busy, hurried, and hectic that many days I accomplish a lot of little things and less and less of the important things.

Anyway, my new goal is to make a memory for my kids every day, even if it's something very small ... and forever be thankful for these small moments that leave big imprints in our memories.

7 comments:

Briana said...

Awwwwwwww!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute thoughtful little man...he is so handsome!

West Family said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Joshua would eat this up! Plus, it is one of the Faith in God goals for the kids to put on a nutritious dinner for the family--an extra bonus! Your kids have tons of memories that I am sure you are unaware of. You are the sweetest Mom to want them to have such fun!

BTW, we had 6 inches of snow fall in an hour or so and NOTHING was canceled! I think we are up to 132 inches for the season--I wish I was in Texas:)

West Family said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Joshua would eat this up! Plus, it is one of the Faith in God goals for the kids to put on a nutritious dinner for the family--an extra bonus! Your kids have tons of memories that I am sure you are unaware of. You are the sweetest Mom to want them to have such fun!

BTW, we had 6 inches of snow fall in an hour or so and NOTHING was canceled! I think we are up to 132 inches for the season--I wish I was in Texas:)

Shannon said...

This is the cutest thing I've ever seen! You are such a good mom. You really got into it and made it so fun for him. The 'ooh-la-la' dessert is hilarious! Loved this post.

sully said...

Oh LUCKY!!! Fine dining, good lighting, wonderful company & NO price tag!!!! Thanks for sharing Dixie, (you just gave me my person for today) LOVED IT ALL!!!!

Heather said...

wow, you dug lights from the attic to, huh? I love Jackson's idea! I love those days that you are able to just take things a little slower and like you said, make a memory and help your kids know how much you love them.