Seven? Did I really just type that?!!! Can't believe my Ike is seven. When we moved to Texas he was two and I remember thinking that when it was time to leave, he would be seven. Seemed impossibly far away then, yet here we are.
For Isaac's birthday he kept asking for "Science stuff" so we decided to throw a Mad Science Birthday Party. We usually aren't the most exciting parents to have when it comes to birthdays, but the theme was nerdy enough to be right up our alley. So Shane and I went to educational outfitters and went a little crazy coming up with experiments and ideas.
Shane dressed up like a Mad Scientist and looked hilarious.
Biohazard goodie bags...
We dressed up the kids in safety goggles and "lab coats" (adult white tee shirts, cut down the middle).
Then the geekiness ensued:
The mad science lab... can't really see the water vapor from the dry ice in the pictures but it looked cool! Shane was the proud creator of the molecules.
The tornado tube
The balloon blow up-- achieved by mixing vinegar and baking soda
We also had a science scavenger hunt around the yard which ended in finding the treasure which was test tubes filled with Mike and Ikes.

Then time for "Mad Science" cupcakes... or white cupcakes with blue sprinkles.
Soda Geyser Finale ... or as my friend Allison said, "a waste of perfectly good diet coke!"
Happy Birthday Isaac! I hope you have happy memories of this special birthday we celebrated together. We love you!
1 comment:
7!! I find that hard to believe. Wow, Shane does look good with those glasses. You are great parents.
Post a Comment