Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Really Want Paula Deen to be my Best Friend


The one magazine that ALWAYS catches my eye every time I go through the checkout stand is the silver haired, bright eyed, smiling face of Paula Deen, and the delicious plate of triple layer red velvet cake she is holding. I love Paula. She's the quintessential southern Mama --the kind of lady you want to come home to after school because you know she'll be standing at the door with a big smile and warm hug to welcome you. If you're having a trial in your life, she's the kind of lady you can imagine showing up with a big ol' cheesy casserole at your front door. She's the kind of lady who makes living in the south a great experience, the kind who's always always saying "Hi y'all" and blessing your heart.

So I bought my first "Cooking with Paula" magazine and I made the ultimate chicken pot pie ... it was a big hit. I've made several different variations of chicken pot pie and this is the best one yet... plus, it's pretty. When I have time I'll post the recipe if anyone is interested.

I also had a really touching experience this week...

The other day I dropped Isabella at preschool and as I was walking through the parking lot I saw two of the moms talking. One of the ladies has muscular dystrophy and was very upset and crying. I was so touched when I saw this young mother take her by the hand and begin praying for her. It nearly brought me to tears to see this young lady take a break from her busy life and stop to listen to and pray for a friend in the middle of the parking lot.

We get busy, we get distracted and caught up. That morning I was reminded, never be too busy to stop and listen and pray for a friend, family member or stranger.


2 comments:

sully said...

I don't know if I want P.D. in my kitchen, she'de probably cry! But I have been on the recieving end of a prayer like that. Wonderful, wonderful moment! Thanks for posting, that warms my heart!

Ryan said...

Confession: I watch Paula every afternoon at 4pm. Why? She makes me happy. The boys walk around the house saying "Howdy y'all" the rest of the afternoon and Xander can't stand her. I have tried many of her recipes from FoodNetwork.com