It's happening, my boys are growing up. This was their back to school picture this year and I swear they didn't look this grown up when I was taking the picture, they almost look like teenagers. Frightening. It's all about the friends now, and Mom and Dad are an inconvenience beyond shelling out money for activities. So I'm hanging on as much as I can... darn it.Isaac isn't far behind. This boy is not afraid to tell it like it is.
The first day of school the teachers handed out these huge coupon books for parents to buy as a fundraiser... You know the ones that seem like such a great deal until you realize a year later that you totally forgot you had it and only used one coupon out of the entire thing. The twins came home, each with a book and Isaac didn't.
"Where's your coupon book Isaac?"
"I told the teacher I didn't want one, I said, 'look, I know my parents, and they are NEVER going to buy that thing."
I laughed, hard...
Isaac- "What? it costed $25 dollars!! That's a rip-off!"
I think I''m going to have him answer the phone from now on to head off solicitors. I can just hear him now...
"Hello? Hey--listen buddy, I know my parents and they aren't interested so just save your breath."
5 comments:
I LOVE your blogg and the comments you make me laugh which is just want is needed. I love you and thaat amazing family. Give them a big hug!!!!
LOVE it! That Isaac is the best!
That is sooo funny! Send that kid to my house!
They look so handsome! Tawnya
i love it!!! that is soo great. and loved the summer catch up. i am just starting mine. ugh. rough. love seeing you- we miss utah already.
Post a Comment