Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Break in San Antonio





Shane is doing a month long rotation in San Antonio at the Brooke Army Medical Center's burn unit. It has been both a very positive and trying learning experience for both of us. Although we are only two weeks into it, we miss him very much. Shane has shared many heartwrenching experiences that he has had while serving those who serve our country -- and have paid the ultimate price. I hope I will never forget how blessed I am because of the sacrifices of so many.


This weekend we drove down to see him and enjoyed going to Sea World and visiting the Alamo for the first time. It was great to learn about Texas history and the heroic story of the Alamo. It reminded me that although we can try to win every battle, we grow and learn the most from the ones we lose.

No comments: