Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Texas Tornados (and I'm not talking about the kids!)



This weekend we had an experience none of us will soon forget. Friday afternoon the sky suddenly turned dark. I turned on the news to see what weather we should be expecting and saw the tornado symbol right over Morgan's point. Where we live. The weatherman was saying..."everyone in Morgan's point needs to take cover now, a tornado has touched down." Or something to that effect. I grabbed a sleeping baby out of her crib and told all the boys to get into our safe spot...grabbed pillows and blanket off the bed and put them on top of all of us. Suddenly we heard huge hail hitting our roof and slamming into the windows. It was so loud, I just had to get out of the safe spot and had to take a look. I'm not exaggerating when I say that there were several tennis ball - sized pieces of hail in my yard and many golf ball sized pieces. Trying not to panic I went back in with the kids and Isaac began praying out loud, unprompted by me. Of course we were all praying inside. I was trying to look very casual about the whole thing. But the kids could hear that this storm was a bad one and they were scared.


After the weather passed I went outside along with my neighbors to see the damage. My neighbors car was badly dented, and there were leaves and branches everywhere, but thankfully no one was hurt. My neighbors across the street yelled, "I'm moving back to Germany!" Our other neighbors said that in 10 years they have never had a storm that intense. Above are some pictures of the hail I collected after the storm.

No comments: