A few days ago... Isaac was out in the back yard crawling on the ground trying to sneak up to one of the babies. When I asked him what he was doing he said, "I'm pretending like I'm a baby deer so the mom won't get scared". He enjoys animals more than any child I know. Last year he even pet a mother deer while we all stood there in shock and amazement. Here is the deer whipserer in action...
Just taking his deer for a stroll.....
The Curse... we have lost hundreds of dollars on plants that the deer have had for dinner. Can you see my beautiful Japanese maple tree below? No-- you can't because the leaves no longer exist on this tree. Our hope is to bring it back to life...only to be stripped again in the not too distant future.
I used to get really upset about the deer... now I have learned that having a wildlife petting zoo in our yard is worth the hassle. I guess it begs the question... who are the invaders here?
A quick note: I saw on the national news that a cougar invaded a neighborhood in West Jordan. How scary! In the last few years here in our city, several mountain lions have been spotted...Are we asking for it!?
4 comments:
oh my, those are amazing pictures with the deer. That is crazy!!
Wow! Too cool! I remember the pictures from last year. The deer must really like you guys...and your japanese maple! :)
Wow... we are totally amazed that a deer would actually let a person get so close to them. You have such cute kids...that must be really fun to have the deer in your yard. My kids would love that, they go crazy for the squirrels and ducks. I am so sorry to see your maple gone. I hope the leaves return... they are such pretty trees! Fun to see your cute pictures... hope all is well!
I love it! Isn't it amazing what a calming effect some animals can have on kids. Joshua can hold a newborn puppy for an hour and not make as much as a twitch. I think we should let the whole primary hold a newborn puppy every Sunday!
Post a Comment