Today as I was teaching the Laurel class (Young women ages 16-18) I was reassured. Today's lesson was on the Word of God as a standard. I felt the strong assurance that in these very troubled times, as values continue to shift- the words contained in the scriptures and the words of the living prophet are a constant. The truths are so simple, but truth always has power! And truth always equals freedom. I felt profoundly grateful for the opportunity to teach these beautiful young women. What greater call can there be, then teaching those who will be the stewards of the next generation?
So I will HAPPILY scratch and claw my way to church...
1 comment:
Thank you for this wonderful reminder. Kris just completed 3 full months of Sunday 24 hour call. So, not only do I get to wrestle my own 4 kids for an hour, I then head to primary where I wrestle everyone else's kids for another 2 hours. I am amazed how all that fades away when I get one brief second of seeing a child begin to feel the spirit. I am also amazed when they sit still long enough to be touched. Small miracles, but miracles none the less:) Those Laurel's better know how lucky they are to have you!
Post a Comment