Monday, June 29, 2009

Hotter than....

It's hot... hotter than the devils frying pan (sorry, I just love Texanisms) over 105 degrees nearly all last week. On Saturday I ran a few errands with the kids and you would have thought we ran a marathon by our sweat soaked shirts and heads. The car thermostat said 111 at one point. The grass is dying, the plants are dying, and we weren't allowed to water all weekend being in stage 5 water conservation, meaning absolutely no unnecessary use of water, period.

Rain is a beautiful thing and I am darn near ready to do a rain dance if we don't get some soon. I love the way it sounds, the way it smells and the way it makes your lawn look and your plants grow. I'm sure I'd be singing a different tune if I lived in the Northwest, but I guess you have to learn to take the good with the bad wherever you live.

Anyway, before the water conservation started, my boys and the neighbors found a fun way to beat the heat. I think their water fight may have caused the city wide water shortage... but it was fun to watch. I love boys, not only do they have a water fight... they have to get the rubbermaid box lids to use as shields, and make it into a full-fledged war.

Here are the pics... please pray for rain for Texas. =)

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Yikes! I can't imagine 'hot' like that. No thank you. Although I think I would rather the hot than the constant NW rain. It drives me crasy. At least there is sun when it's hot.

My oldest used to say that people from Texas were called "Texicans."

sully said...

When we were little and in "drout" weather, my mom allways made us take baths. Then we would take the water from the bathtub out in buckets to water the plants. (the soap didn't hurt anything) Just a hint:)

Ashley said...

It really has been hot! I was so glad to see the sign yesterday saying that we could resume outdoor watering! I think today I'm going to fill up the kids pool!

Andrea said...

Wow, I am glad I am not there considering the hot weather you all have had. It looks like though you have had some rain so YEAH!!!!

Andrea said...

BTW I am loving the new family pic and your hair, Oh so cute!!!!

West Family said...

I am so sorry for all the heat. I am a little jealous, it does not feel like summer here at all. In fact I think some days I am just going to get moldy. It is wet and not very hot, so nothing dries out very well. I will pray you get some sun, in the meantime try not to spontaneously combust! You seem to be finding some fun things to do even with the heat. Congrats on moving up another year in residency today!