Shane took this picture at one of his morning meetings... his friend, and fellow resident who is a fantastic person, and excellent surgeon, but who shall remain nameless, showed up wearing two very different pairs of shoes. Another sign of what chronic sleep deprivation can do to you!
Those of us who know him... will recognize him as the winner of this years, "Most dangerous post-call" award. =)
10 comments:
Too funny...I think residents should get together and write a book about their experiences and what sleep deprivation can do....it would be hilarious!
Okay....this post made me laugh out loud! (By the way, I am an old friend of Shanes and the whole Lewis family) The reason this is soooooo FUNNY to me is that I use to work for 5 sugeons and I can totally see this happening! Thanks for the laugh!
Oh my. Now to his credit, they are ALMOST the same color. But how did he tie one shoe and slip on the other one with out realizing it? There is the mystery! Thanks for making me laugh!
Ha ha ha! That is hilarious!!!
That's FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!! ROTFLOL
Oh, I forgot! P.S. HAPPY FOURTH YEAR! (Seems particularly appropriate for this post).
Yikes!! Glad I wasn't scheduled for some surgery! Fun fact: Did you know that the guy who started the insane residency tradition of crazy-long hours was addicted to cocaine? I heard a story on NPR about 10 years ago about residency life.
This post made my whole day!!!!
HAHAHA, I'm so glad Shane got a picture. I told the afore mentioned resident-who shall remain nameless-that the worst part was, even though he was getting dressed at 4:30 a.m. and had almost no sleep all week, one shoe was tie and the other was slip on. The kids were snickering when we brought his matching shoe to him at the hospital.
It is amazing all these residents don't fall asleep driving home. Kris must call someone when he is driving home post call or he will fall asleep. It's worth it, right???
Post a Comment