Jackson and Mason have decided to be baptized. We are so excited for them and are looking forward to being with our family in Utah, for the special day. As I was putting together books for them, I found some great pictures that reminded me how far we have all come. Being a first time mom with twins, and moving away from my family was one of the most challenging and rewarding times in my life. It's hard to believe that now, those two little rascally boys are now my biggest helpers and keep me such great company. They are great kids and I would do it all over again in a heart beat... okay, well maybe not the pregnancy, labor and delivery part :)
In that spirit, I look back with complete fondness on the "hair-raising joys of raising boys."
(BTW I can't figure out why this is underlining all of my words!!!) Sorry!!
Putting two fussy babies to sleep by myself... always a hair raising experience, literally. I think the expression on my face pretty much says it all.
The infamous, baby powder party, which rivals the even more infamous blue paint incident, over which I was so distraught that I couldn't possibly take a picture.

One of several incidents involving markers
Q-tip cutie--a very benign incident but cute none the less.
10 comments:
Wow! It is crazy how fast they have grown up, you are a great mom....you have wonderful kids to prove it.
Very cute! I guess if you have twins first, all the rest are easier? I'm just throwing that out there. I can't imagine. . . . glad it's you and not me.
Adorable!!!! Might I ask one question? do you ever look bad? Even after running 13.2 miles you looked pretty darn good.
Awesome pictures! You look cute with really short hair!
Hey Dixie,
I found you from Natalie Peton's blog. You have a beautiful family, and you, well you make the rest of us look like bag lady's!!! This post was so sweet. How neat that you et to do their baptism in Utah.
So fun to read about your cute family!
Becky (Bezzant) Fish
It is funny how Jaxson and Mason still pretty much look the same. You are a saint Dixie, I hope to be a more patient mom like you!
I can't believe that they are old enough to be baptized! Wow. When are you going to be in UT?
I can't think of a better mother for twin boys! They are so handsome in their suits. Congrats on the big occasion!
So fun to see those old pics! They were such cuties and still are!
I have never seen with short hair like that, very cute!!
You are such super mom Dixie!!! All your kiddos are so lucky to have you:)
It is hard to believe the boys have grown so fast, it makes me a little sad. It was so great to have you in Utah we love you all so much and look so forward to the day when you live closer! We are so blessed!
Love, Mom (Julie)
Post a Comment