I know why I had 3 sons and THEN the girl. Girl hair frustrates me to no end, especially since Bella wakes up with a rats nest nearly every morning, and then throws an absolute fit when I try to comb it out, no matter how gentle I am. I hardly have time to do my own hair... let alone try and put hers up in any kind of cute way, as she throws herself around on the floor.
Trying to distract her with something only works half the time... is it even worth the battle? My only saving grace is this stinkin cute smile she has...

9 comments:
WOAH!! That's a one hairy rats nest! I have 3 girls, and I don't ever think they have had a tangle that bad. That's bad. I don't blame the poor girl for giving you trouble as you chase her with the brush.
As a mother to all girls, I will say that girl hair is not fun, and my girls never have fancy hair. I'm sure they will think I'm horrid when they grow up and see pictures of themselves.
That reminds me of another little girl who allways had that same "rat's nest". Only hers lasted all day! I'm sure your sis will sympathize, and smile!
Alia's hair gets like that when it's longer. So far Biolage Smoothing Shine Milk is the best detangler that I've found. Rats nests like that is why I cut Alia hair short last winter!
With a face like that who needs beautiful hair!
Crew's hair used to be long (up until a momentary lack of judgement when I dyed it black then shaved it a month later) and his hair does the same thing. I'm sure I have some very similar pictures on my blog somewhere! My friend told me that some people's hair has 2 shafts instead of one. it causes more texture, and because of that more tangles. It's way more common in blond hair. Your friend is right- biolage works the best. Good Luck!
Welcome to my world! When Mariah was 2 I was trying to put some rubber bands in it and she asked me why she had to have owies put in her hair everyday. Kidding, I said I was sorry but that little girls just have to have them--that's all there is to it. She was quiet for a bit and then said "ok Mommy". It was the sweetest thing. Gabriella calls her rubber bands "pretties" and gets very mad if anyone touches them. I guess I have successfully brainwashed my girls over issues with their hair. Good luck with that!
I won't judge you if she gets the ole "Lewis haircut" . . . I'm just sayin'. ;-)
So stinkin' cute, but SO glad I don't have to tame that thing. Whew!
that is rough. for both of you. i hate the hair fight. and since they still nap, it is never just once a day. cam and i have the hair fight in the morning... after naps, and then after the tub before bed. ugh. and that is just to brush it. i feel for you. maybe she should start with a bath every morning b/c i do not know how you will get THAT rats nest out. find any toys in there?
Post a Comment