Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Code Brown

Yesterday I had an experience... I had heard other moms speak of this experience before and wondered what was wrong with them or their kids. I have since learned the hard way, to never, ever judge another parent, because someday that person will be you!!

Isabella woke up from her nap and I heard her screaming, usually she wakes up relatively happy so I wasn't sure what was up. When I went in I saw why... a code brown I like to call it... all over the crib. She had taken her diaper off and put her hands in places they should not have been... then touched them to other places. I looked at her in shock, she looked right at me and said, "sgusting"... her favorite word.

Right at that moment my friend rang the doorbell to pick up her son's jacket that he had left the night before. I quickly wiped up Isabella... while my friend was standing there waiting for me to answer.

"Sorry, to keep you waiting," I explained, "I'm in the middle of a little crisis" I had to explain why my daughter was standing next to me with no pants or diaper on... that looks like some serious red-neck parenting, right there.

That's okay she said," I'm having a little crisis of my own" ... she explained that her son had just thrown up at parent teacher conferences. She had to strip him down and walk out of the school passing many parents who I'm sure gave some pretty judgmental looks as they saw a woman carrying her toddler in nothing but a diaper, through the school. Then he threw up in the car on the way to my house. Poor baby looked miserable.

I grabbed her some wipes and a towel to clean him up... I felt bad for myself, but even worse for her.

Later that night... Isaac and Isabella were in the bath when he screams... MOM!!! I didn't even have to hear the rest. I knew... code brown in the bathtub.

Parenting is tough, one day you think you know all about good parenting and your house is working like a well oiled machine, and the next, your daughter code browns twice in one day. Don't judge, or you'll be next.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Holy Crap!!

I'm so sorry. But I'm laughing too. I have yet to experience that, but I'm sure it's coming. My youngest likes to undress herself. She'll get to the poopy diaper eventually, I'm sure.

Just be glad the 2nd dose was in the bathtub??

sissyann said...

Ahhh!!! So refreshing to the the "perfect mother" in not such a good light! :)
You have to have some story to share with her when she is older!

p.s. thanks for not sharing any pictures.

Shannon said...

Oh man that is disgusting but so hysterical at the same time!! So glad you shared this story!!

Becky said...

With four kids we have had a few of those "stinky situations!"

These are the things you would never wish on another person but you're glad someone can relate to you when it's time to vent!

Too funny!

Ashley said...

I've had a few of those days. I try not to think about them! I can't believe you haven't had one before now!

Barbara said...

That is funny! Sorry for laughing but it's good to hear it happens to everyone!

West Family said...

Considering the fact that I am in the middle of potty training a very defiant 2 1/2 year old, I will not be passing ANY judgements:)

Anonymous said...

I feel for you. Stan had one of those bad wake-ups about a month ago... I took pictures so Tim could understand what I go through :).