Also, Jackson wanted to run it with me this year, I couldn't convince Mason he wanted to do it. Not sure why an 8 year old would want to stay home in a nice warm house and play video games when he could be outside freezing his little bottom off, running until he's sick to his stomach... I'll tell you why, Mason is no dummy.
As my friend Allison said when we got to the race and saw many runners in shorts and short sleeves in 40 degree weather, she explained to her friend, "runners are just wierd". I'm sure I fit into the wierd category not so much the runner category, but that statement is sooo true. I also wish I would have taken some pictures of the great elf costumes some people were wearing... which make the race all the more fun... but again, wierd.
Jackson did great... we ran part walked part. Allison and I tried to warn him... "Don't take off too fast at the start, or you'll really regret it later on"... so what did he do? Took off like a bullet for the first half mile.... the rest of the race he was quite uncomfortable.. but I guess it's a good lesson to learn early in your running life. There was also a about a half mile of mud that was a pea gravel path until the rain soaked it the night before... we had to trudge through it which REALLY bogged down our shoes. Jackson was exhausted, but he didn't give up and did a great job! I'm so proud of him!
Jackson and I, after the race... He looks way impressed with Santa, don't you think?! And... my hands were a little full after rading the snack stand (the best part about running a race, hands down).
Me and my running pal Allison... love her!
The picture below just makes me laugh... my hat hair for one... and the poor unsuspecting lady behind me bending over to tie her shoes... It really makes me wonder how many people have accidently captured me in some unflattering moments in the back ground of their pictures.
Great job on your first 5K Jackson! I'm proud of you!
4 comments:
I am impressed with Jackson, way to start out young...healthy habits to last a life time. You are such a great mom and example to your kids Dixie.
That looks fun! I have yet to convince any of my kids, or my husband, to run any races with me. They must see how horrible I look at the end, and think, "No way!"
Oh, I just noticed your new blog title. I'm Lovin It.
Great job Jackson!!!!
Post a Comment