Thursday, December 31, 2009

Pikachu update

After paying $17 dollars for shipping.. Pikachu still hasn't arrived, and I don't think he's going to. If you're wondering what I'm talking about-- see previous post. I'm writing a scathing letter to Ebay about how my son nearly thought he was on the Medium list because of their low-class vendors that charge for 2 day shipping and never sent me the product.

Thankfully we had ourselves a Christmas miracle. It was Christmas Eve and I still didn't know what I was going to do about the Pikachu that hadn't arrived. We took the boys to see "Alvin and the Chipmunks" and on the way out of the Mall we walked by an Arcade. Front and center we spotted it... the Claw Machine with a Pikachu staring straight at us. We looked at each other and devised a plan...Shane told me to take the kids to the car and he pretended like he needed to go to the restroom.

We waited for a while... I wondered how long it was going to take him to win that thing. Thankfully he was smart enough to ask the kid working there if he could buy it from him.
" Look, this is the ONLY thing my son has asked for, for Christmas. Can you PLEASE let me buy it?" He begged. He pleaded. And the kid gave into him. Only he wouldn't let Shane buy it because the manager wasn't there and he wasn't sure how much it cost, and just handed it to him. "Tell your kid have a Merry Christmas." I guess we need to go back when the manager is there and pay for the stolen Pikachu.

The boys were getting worried. "Maybe Dad's really sick!"

Finally he came out with the Pikachu stuffed under his jacket.

Isaac has been sleeping with Pikachu every night since. He finally believes he's made it from the MEDIUM list to the GOOD list. :)


6 comments:

sissyann said...

LOL!!! I am so glad you figured something out. We can't have the little ones thinking they are naughty :)

ChiroMcDougals said...

That is one of the cutest stories ever. What a super hero your husband is! I'm glad that it all worked out. It always breaks my heart when my girls are set on something that just doesn't pan out the way they wanted. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that he got what he wanted. Funny that it turned out that way.

Ashley said...

That is awesome!

Nicole said...

You need to post a picture of this thing. I'd love to see what it actually looks like. :)

McAffee said...

I have a pal who works for eBay - I'll ask what your best recourse is.

And to be honest I really saw Shane dropping hundreds of quarters in that thing. Obviously I underestimated him. Genius!