Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Are You Man Enough?

For Father's day, Shane wanted new shoes. Shane's poor feet have been killing him lately, so he requested a new pair of shoes, soft cushiony shoes to wear around the hospital. I suggested Heelies... you know the ones with the wheels on the heels so he can cruise around the hospital... and go into patients rooms and say, "that's just how I roll." I'm sorry, that was REALLY corny.

I went shopping and bought him some shoes for trail running-- cushiony, rugged, good looking, manly shoes. On father's day he was so excited to see a new pair of shoes sitting there in a box, then disappointed that they were a size 10. Apparently he wears a size 10 1/2...
Funny the things you learn after thirteen years of marriage.

Anyway, every time I try to surprise Shane with a present, it's somehow ruined. Wrong size, wrong color, wrong doodad with not enough memory.... not even close to what he wanted. I give up.

We went back to the store this week to fix things and ended up getting some Sketcher Shape-Ups because he claims they are like walking on pillows. You know those funny looking shoes that have an sole that is about 3 inches thick that is curved like a banana... That's right girls, my husband wears Sketcher Shape-Ups, guaranteed to sculpt and shape the quads, thighs and buttocks and improve posture. Try not to be jealous...

Here is my man in his Shape-Ups... look close!


Jackson and Isaac are also in this picture... They went to work with dad last weekend and got to hang out on the helicopter with the Air Evac team. And as we all know... helicopter pilots are way cool.

Coming soon.... more pictures from take your son to work weekend...




4 comments:

Ashley said...

That is funny! Only a real man could pull those off!

Nicole said...

Love the shape ups! Cracking me up right now!! :) U coming to UT this summer? Can we see you??? PLEASE!

MollyE said...

Ok, Spencer had eye surgery on Tuesday, and his nurse was wearing those shoes!! It was so funny to see after reading your post. I guess she was "man enough!"

Heather said...

that is hilarious. I've wondered how comfortable those shoes really are. I feel your pain about buying presents for the men in our lives. I spent months researching mp3 players a few years back, and true to form, Ryan opened it and said, "would you mind if I got such and such instead?"