Friday, June 25, 2010

The Not so Lazy Days of Summer


We were at the ballpark until 11:00 last night watching my boys team get slaughtered in their first round of playoffs ... Shane was working so I was there trying to keep a 2 year old and a bored to tears 6 year old from driving me crazy. I feel exhausted and unproductive today. Perfect time to update the blog...

The boys baseball team finished 2nd in our league... and being the youngest team in kid pitch, it was a big accomplishment. District playoffs are around the corner, and then we can actually have our summer back.

I went with the boys to scout camp last week... thankfully one day out of the five days of volunteering was enough to complete my duty. Scout camp in Texas is hotter than hell... and I'm not afraid to say it. The kids were dropping like flies... and smelled like road kill. Despite the heat, the boys had a lot of fun. I actually had a fun time getting my hands dirty and playing with the kids... and the topic of conversation was always entertaining.

Scout 1-"Are those beans you're eating?"

Scout 2-"No they're chocolate covered peanuts"

Scout 1-"I can't eat beans, they give me major gas"

Scout 2- "Oh yeah, well my dad has the most disgusting farts ever."

Scout 1 -"Well, MY dad's smell like sardines that have been roasting in the sun for a week."

This, my friends, is the essence of scout camp. Here are a few pictures...

Mason doing the wrist rockets...


Jackson shooting the bb gun. Who care's how hot it is--just as long as you get to shoot stuff.


Jackson on the monkey bridge.


On the home front, we have ourselves a budding artist. I found this little masterpiece as I was walking down the hall a few weeks ago. After hyperventilating for a few seconds, I realized it was accomplished with a dry erase marker... whew!!!!!! Good call Bella, good call.


On another note... here are a few pictures of the man of the house. Pictures of Shane at work are few... so it's fun to see that he actually is doing what he says he's doing when he's gone at all hours.


Surgery class of 2011. A great group of guys and dear friends.






2 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

I had to go get a glass of water mid post because you made me thirsty. So I'm hoping baseball is more entertaining when you have a child in it. I fear my little boy will want to play that sport and I am so used to watching soccer and basketball with so much action. I have yet to help at scout camp. I can barely handle pack meeting. Your a good Mom doing your duty.

Heather said...

I swore to myself that we wouldn't have such a boring summer as last summer (you know moving--not knowing anyone, not having been able to sign up for any activities.) Well this summer didn't disappoint. I am so excited to have a minute to myself one of these days, busy, busy, busy. NOte: swim team is insane! On a different note, can you believe your 5 years in TX are coming to a close?