Many of them were double or single amputees, many of them suffered wounds that could not be seen, but were buried below the surface. They were touched that we came out to cheer for them and say thank you ... even though "thank you" always seems painfully inadequate. They gave us high fives, and thumbs up, on their way. They said "Thank you" to us as they rode on by... it seemed really funny to me that THEY would be telling us Thank you. They had miles yet to ride, but we all knew their journeys were very far from over.
America, I love you! I feel so blessed to have called you My Country all my life. I am reminded again and again, that "Freedom is not Free." Thank you to all the people who are serving our country, and their families. Your sacrifices are unspeakable.
No comments:
Post a Comment