Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Captain Jim Bob

I have a lot of work to do. We just got back from the annual Utah vacation and had a blast but catching up is no fun. I've spent the last few days sorting out bills, shopping for school supplies and unraveling the mess that was caused when our bank mysteriously deducted $400 from our account... apparently there are two Shane Lewis' in this town. Long story...

We started the week off with a little Family Home Evening about family scripture study, since it's something that has been neglected over the summer. It was obvious last night when we were having a little scripture quiz and Shane asked the boys, "Who is the man who raised the Title of Liberty and led his army to battle?"

.... ummmm... Jackson --"Helium? I mean Helaman!"

BUZZ wrong answer. "I'll give you a clue, it starts with Captain"...

Mason answers--"Captain America?" Double BUZZ!!!

Isaac? "Captain Jim Bob!!!" And bursts out in hysterical laughter. Oh good grief.

It's good to be back. I'll get around to posting some of our Utah adventures when I get my feet back under me. Hope everyone had a wonderful summer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Classic. We had so much fun seeing you guys while in Utah. Take care.

Heather said...

hilarious! Thanks for sharing a day with us. Good friends are so important.

Ashley said...

I love it!