Sunday, August 29, 2010

The top 10 of Summer

There are just too many pictures from the summer to post, and way to much typing involved. So I decided to do the top 10... They are in no particular order... I know it's almost October andI'm barely getting around posting summer pictures.

10. Shane had a few interviews while we were in Utah, and accepted a job at Alta View Hospital! I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all. After being in school for 14 years, it's hard to imagine how life will change for us. No more 120 hour work weeks, for one. That's a big one. I'm so excited, and thankful.

9. Shane had some much needed down time... This guy can sleep anytime, anywhere. I love and hate this special talent he has.


8. Lagoon!! What's a trip to Utah without Lagoon? My parents took us to Lagoon, a big highlight for the boys...

You know Bella wouldn't settle for anything less than the PINK boat.

7. Campfire chatter... loved sitting at the campfire and visiting with family. Here are my cute neices and sister in law.


6. Camping out. We went to my family's cabin in Wyoming and had our first family camp out. I know it's sad, my oldest boys are 9 and this is their first camp out with the family. The kids were really into setting up the camp, and very excited to get into their sleeping bags.


Jackson looks so grown up and capable in this picture.

5. Hiking. Oh how I miss the mountains, and a good hike!!! We had a great time hiking with my family in the mountains of Wyoming. I can't say enough how much I love being in the mountains with my family, and not being in a time crunch,



4. Spending time with our wonderful parents!

3. Boating at Lake Powell... according to Shane, it's heaven on earth.

Heaven is:

spending time in nature, with people you love...



two thumbs up...

having a friend who "gets" you...


running down a sand hill with your cousin...


smiles :)


Never being too old to build a sand castle ...


overcoming fears and accomplishing big milestones



2. Being together with my entire family for the first time in 6 years and being able to hold my baby nephews. Here we are showing our true colors.


1. Spending much needed time with the kids and Shane. Here in one picture, my top 5 favorite people.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pictures. i am excited for you guys and shane's new job and the adventure that it will be.

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of shane & the kids floating together and the one of Bella skiing is soooooo adorable!

MollyE said...

I have to say I am a little crushed that you are not coming to Boise. I was holding out hope!! So happy for you to be close to your family, and I hope we can see you when we go to Utah for visits. Love to see your cute family!!

West Family said...

A real job!!! I can't even imagine. It really comes to an end, huh? It looks like you managed to have a fun summer. Kris would strongly agree that Lake Powell is pure heaven! Good luck finishing up the next few months! I just can't believe youare almost done. You can sit back and think of the rest of us still struggling in the trenches...

Heather said...

Congrats on the job!!! I have been thinking about you guys for the last few weeks and wondering what had happened with the interviews! I am excited for you.