Thursday, March 4, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Last week the kids enjoyed a once in 20 year experience here in Texas... Snow! Not just a dusting, but REAL snow- 4 inches! It was such a treat for the kids. They got out early from school and got on their jackets, mittens and hats. I tried to talk them into wearing their big winter coats, but Jackson insisted that coats make him look fat! What??!! Since when, are eight year old boys concerned about their weight? Anyway, a few minutes in the snow and they were back inside begging for their coats.

They charged outside and had a blast pelting each other with snowballs. I helped the boys make a snow fort and enjoyed seeing the entire neighborhood outside with their kids and later on seeing snowmen dotting every house. It was really a magical day.


Isaac took a snowball to the face, which put a damper on the magic for a little while, but not too long.



Proud owners and builders of a snow fort.


Cute little snow baby...

No snow day is complete without a cup O hot Chocolate!





4 comments:

sully said...

Not having snow or expecting it sure does bring out the magic of winter, huh. I'm glad they had fun. It's refreshing to see someone enjoying it, here everyone is saying... "spring!"

On another note. I was harassing your sister about updating her blog, again, and I mentioned she was excused because neither you nor I had updated ours... NOW WHAT"S HER EXCUSE???? (he,he,he)

Anonymous said...

Looks like they had a blast. Snow is so much fun, especially when it is a new/rare thing. Bella has grown up so much, she looks so old in those pictures. Miss you all. See ya in a few weeks.

Molly Koch said...

love the snow! we are headed to North Carolina next and both our kids when we told them started screaming snow snow snow! i don't think it snows there much- and i think they will realize they love the beach more... but really snow is magical. you kids are too cute. and your past post about stopping blogging- i would be so sad! i love seeing what you guys are doing. we miss you

Heather said...

I can't get over how beautiful Bella is. And when are ya'll moving to ARvada? My boys need some snowball fighting playmates!