Thursday, March 18, 2010

Career Day



Shane recently had some time off and was able to participate in Career day at the boys school. I have to say that he did such an awesome job, and I loved watching each of his presentations. He dressed up some of the kids in their sterile gowns and masks, and taught them how to do a surgical stitch and use a staple gun.


The kids had a lot of great questions like, "what's the grossest thing you've ever had to do?" Shane dodged that question like a pro, I don't think the kids would even understand the word "dis-impact" anyway... also I don't think describing taking a tent pole out of a kids head would've been appropriate for Kindergarten or 3rd grade. But more than asking questions... the kids all wanted to tell him about how everyone and their dog had this surgery or that surgery. Finally, Shane just told them they couldn't say anything else about their families surgeries because we want to keep those thinks private... especially things like your dad's vasectomy.


4 comments:

sissyann said...

Lol. I bet that was so much fun! I bet the boys liked showing off their dad.

Nicole said...

Too Fun! Cracking me up about the Vasectomy!! I can only imagine the things you heard. Lol :)

West Family said...

I think the most amazing part of the whole event is that Shane had time off to participate, that is no small miracle1 Kris has been wondering what you guys are planning for the future. Is Shane specializing or looking for jobs? I am sure it is crazy to see it all come to an end or near end at least. Hope you are all well!

Heather said...

I have not yet gotten Ryan to be a part of career day. I suppose he'll do it some time. Looks like Shane did a fantastic job! HOw fun.